Verizon Wireless customers must use alternative means (such as a land line) to reach Person County Government offices at this time due to a temporary service issue with their network.



NC Agriculture Cost-Share Funds Available

Post Date:08/06/2019

The Person Soil and Water Conservation District is now accepting applications for financial assistance provided thorough the NC Division of Soil & Water Conservation Agriculture Cost-Share Program (ACSP) and Agricultural Water Resources Program (AgWRAP).

Each program offers best management practices (BMPs) targeted to meet specific program goals.  Typically, 75% cost share assistance is provided to an applicant to install BMPs that address agricultural, rural, and urban water resource issues while providing a benefit to all citizens in North Carolina. 

ACSP funds are available to assist farmers and landowners with the design and installation of BMPs that help to control erosion and decrease the amount of sediment, nitrogen, phosphorous, chemicals, and other pollutants contaminating the surface and ground waters of the State.  Common BMPs installed are field borders, diversions, grassed waterways, livestock exclusion fencing from perennial streams, and more. 

AgWRAP funds offers landowners and farm operators the opportunities to increase water use efficiency, availability and storage for agricultural purposes, and implement BMPs to conserve and protect water resources.  These funds are allocated on a regional level with a limited amount available through the District.

District Cost-Share applications are now being accepted and will be approved based on priorities and criteria established at the State and District levels while funding is available. 

Technical advice concerning soil and water issues is always available year round to all Person County citizens at no charge. 

For additional information or to apply for cost-share funds, please visit the Person Soil & Water Conservation District Office in the Person County Office Building at 304 S. Morgan St., Room 126 or call (336) 599-0284 ext. 3.

Return to full list >>